Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Grand Cayman's Discount Makeup: NARS Haul, Review, & Swatches (Isolde and Deep Throat)

I apologize in advance for the crappy iPhone pictures- it was the only decent camera I had while I spend the week away!

Today I came home from the wonderful Cayman Islands, and I'm more than depressed about it. I was actually able to fully relax during my time there and the scenery and beaches were beautiful beyond belief. (Maybe I'll do a little lifestyle post about it when I get the chance!) Check out my spring break travel essentials here :)

I got to HOLD A BABY TURTLE, GUYS!!!
(it took all of my willpower to not kiss it and take it home with me)


     Grand Cayman didn't have a lot of shopping options that weren't extremely high-end and expensive, but while my mom and I were scouring the streets of Georgetown for good a good deal I stumbled upon a duty-free tax exempt high end beauty shop.

     To my mother's dismay ("You have too much makeup, Isabel!!") I ran immediately to the NARS counter (in hindsight, how in the world did I ignore the YSL stand?!?) and oogled the price cuts. Everything was $3-5 cheaper than in the states, and there was no tax on any of the items either. This might not sound like a huge discount to you guys, but I've been eyeing these two products for a very long, and to get them at any kind of discount was pretty awesome, so I just jumped at the chance to get them!

      I probably should have probably gotten more because of the lower price, but you know what? I have what I really wanted and that's fulfilling enough for me :)

Like I said, I picked up two things:


  • Blush- Deep Throat
  • Eyeshadow Duo- Isolde



     I've been using a dupe for Deep Throat for quite a while (blog post about that later! ohohoho) but it seems that it was finally time to branch out and get the real thing. This color is just gorgeous, long-wearing, and flattering on my monburnt NC15 complexion.


     Ah, Isolde. A favorite blogger/YouTuber Zoella wrote a blog post praising this duo, and I've had my eye on it ever since. The colors are bronze-y and gorgeous, and even though these colors are more for blue eyes I couldn't care less- I love my golds and bronzes, and it still looks okay on my hazel eyes!



     I literally only had to tap my finger in the pan to get these colors... NARS' pigmentation makes me go weak at the knees, you definitely get what you pay for!! :) 

     This concludes my (makeup) shopping adventures at Grand Cayman! I miss that little island so much already D: but these products will always being me back to those sunny days filled with tanning, the occasional sunburn, and holding baby turtles!

     Did you do any shopping around easter time? Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment