Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Lipstick: Oh, Oh, Oh Review & Swatches


I ran into MAC on Saturday afternoon with a mission: I've been looking for a light, shimmery plum lipstick ever since my Urban Decay lipstick in Pistol discontinued and broke apart. I saw Oh, Oh, Oh swatched on different blogs and I was instantly in love.


I know some people are up in arms about the packaging in this collection; a lot of people think MAC's choice of white makes the products look cheap. I absolutely love the packaging on the lippies, blushes, and lipglasses, though! They have an adorable vintage look to them.


I was never into Archie comics when I was a kid- too preoccupied by pokemon, I guess- but nevertheless, I think this new collection is pretty freaking adorable. I'd love to pick up a few more pieces before time's up (Betty Bright is calling my name!) but I don't know how I can justify spending more at MAC this month. I have a huge haul I'm almost ready to post about, oh no :x

* * B+ * *

     I love the color of this lipstick. It's a sheer plum color with enough gold sheen in it to make the shade really unique and beautiful. This shade is Lustre, though, which is quite drying on my lips, but I just put Burt's Bees on beforehand and I'm usually fine. The Lustre finish also doesn't last on me at all- I can get 3 bours of wear with this lipstick at the most- but I'm so enamored by this shade that I'm going to stick with it. If you're willing to spend $16.50 for a decent lasting lipstick, give Oh, Oh, Oh a go! There's something so unique and gorgeous about this shade.

Click Through For Swatches!



Betty's Lipstick: Oh, Oh, Oh









I hope you enjoyed this review, and I really hope it was useful! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Love,

Izzy



No comments:

Post a Comment