Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Kat Von D True Romance Palette: Star-crossed Review and Swatches


     I've always admired Kat as an artist, and when I used to watch her on TV I would marvel at how awesome her eyes always looked (She's always wearing a great "Kat" eye! harhar). I knew I had to pick up one of her products when I got the chance, and I'm certainly glad I did.

     The Star-Crossed palette includes four blendable, metallic, and overal vampy shades to experiment with.

From left to right; Hyperballad, Scandanavian, Oceansize, Ville

  •      Hyperballad is a metallic, cool-based silver, and pairs well with:
  •      Oceansize, which is a beautiful metallic turquoise. 
  •      Scandinavian is a beautiful metallic brown-taupe that's growing on me every day.
  •      Ville is a gorgeous blendable plum shadow, and is easily my favorite shade in the quad.




Swatches: Click Through to see!


From left to right: Hyperballad, Scandinavian, Oceansize, Ville

From left to right: Hyperballad, Scandinavian, Oceansize, Ville

     I love this shadow quad more and more with each time I use it. All of the shadows are pigmented to the point of being buttery smooth, and they blend beautifully with every brush I've tried them with. Ville has been my favorite shade so far- it looks awesome in my crease, and blends to a very dark plum- and Scandinavian is growing on me as a close second. These shades are versatile and easy to work into any morning or evening routine, and they're very flattering on my hazel eyes and pale skintone.

     I can't rave enough about this palette. I can't wait to try more of Kat's products! I picked my Star-Crossed Palette up at Sephora, and it's on sale now. Go get it!!

     Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

     Love,

     Izzy






No comments:

Post a Comment