Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Review, Swatches, & EOTD

     I got this eyeliner in January's Birchbox, and while I was not thrilled with it in the beginning, I've been converted into an every day user of this product, which is impressive, because I'm an EYELINER FEIND.
 
There's a little defect on my stick's design :c it's okay, though, it still works beautifully! Also, this is a smaller version of the actual product, hence the "mini" on the stick (.04 oz of product as opposed to .07 oz)


Here's Sephora's description of this holy grail of liquid eyeliners:
    Featuring a long-lasting pigmented formula, this black eyeliner has an easy-to-apply, pen-style nib, allowing you to create thick feline flicks and defined lines for a smudge-proof finish. Apply a thin line along the lash line and inner rim or smudge outside the rim for a sultry, smoky effect. This gratifying, color-intense liner doesn't flake or fade and adds a unique touch to any look.
     The felt-tip of this pen makes for such an easy application of the product. The fact that the tip is tapered allows for complete control of the thickness of the line, and the finished line is always pigmented, smooth, and truly black. It dries on my lids really fast too, which is awesome because other liners will stay wet and transfer to my crease if I'm not careful. And once it's dry, it won't budge, which is awesome. I haven't tried it under my eyes but I'll be sure to update this post if I have any problems with it.



      I know a lot of girls that are intimidated by the difficulty of applying a cat's eye (I used to be one of them, haha) and this product allows me a beautiful winged look, and I can apply it on both eyes in less than a minute- messing up is almost impossible!!!

     Today's look is a prime example of quick makeup. I finished my face in under ten minutes today because I slept in (ew, mondays...)


Today's EOTD with Eyeko- 

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Midnight Cowboy (Lid)
MAC Matte Eyeshadow- Soft Brown (crease)
Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner- Black
ModelCo Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara.


     I've heard of other people having this eyeliner dry up on them, but I've had mine since January, and so far, it still works fine.



     All in all, this is a GREAT product, and I use it regularly, especially to school (though I've been shopping my stash a little more lately, and I've been into colored liners in the past few weeks!). This is a great staple for someone who's starting to get into liquid liners, and it's pretty reasonable, at only $16, and they have some other colors with the same formula available, too.

     Like I said, I got this in my birchbox, but it's available at Sephora, too!

     Make sure to leave me any questions or comments that you have!!

Love,

Izzy




No comments:

Post a Comment