Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Haulin' at Nordstrom Rack!

     I'm going to start this post by saying that I absolutely should not be allowed into any store that offers discounts especially one that sells makeup for dirt cheap. I can't deny my thrifty nature when I'm thrown into one of these situations, and I'm going to admit right now that I have to stop buying more makeup!! But it was on SALE, my god, I couldn't just pass by and not stare at all of the wonderful products that were begging me to buy them!!

     The Nordstrom Rack is dangerous. A good friend of mine has been raving about this place for years, and now I finally know why! They have a great collection of designer clothes, shoes, bags, makeup.... everything.. and it is SO FREAKING CHEAP.

     Well, okay, I saw my favorite brands and I flipped out and impulsed a bit, but can you blame me? Look at these beauties:


NARS, guys. FREAKING NARS. 
I had a heart attack when I saw that box...

Here's what I picked up, with price comparisons:


Urban Decay All-Nighter Finishing Spray- $13.97 ($29)
NARS Midsummer Dreams Set- $34.50 ($47)
Urban Decay Primer Potion- $8.97 ($18)

     I will definitely be writing separate reviews on all of these beauties, because I use these products regularly!


     Midsummer Dreams from NARS is a set with a mini nail polish, a small The Multiple in Orgasm (get it, lol), and a beautiful highlighter duo called Hungry Heart. I'm in love with this, and now that spring break is coming I'll be able to work the glittery highlighters into my routine, and the blush stick is a beautiful shade- I've always wanted to try Orgasm and now I have it! (squee) 

     The next two products that I picked up from UD were at Nordstrom Rack only because the company is changing the packaging on the products- I got them for half-off just because the brand wants to redesign their bottles! Yay.


     All-Nighter has been WONDERFUL with increasing the staying power of my foundation and blush, but my best find was the primer, hands down:


     I am OBSESSED with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and I'd been using the same container for years. I dropped and shattered my old one a few months ago, and I was heartbroken, because I didn't feel like throwing down $20 for another one. I had been using ELF's eyelid primer in the meantime, which is pretty terrible. To find this product in its old packaging for only nine bucks is such a steal, and I'm relived that I was lucky enough to find and buy it!! I've been using it every day, and I'm ready to burn my interim ELF primer, lol.

    After coming back from Nordstrom Rack I had a wonderful opportunity to try everything out- I was out the door an hour later for dinner with a friend, and I felt very posh with my new blush/highlighter combo on!! c:


here i am in all my glittery, neon-y glory!! (is it spring yet? screw it, neon 4-eva)

***I'm wearing MAC's Cockney on my lips- I swatched it in this post! ***

I'll definitely be taking a trip back to my new favorite store- and maybe i'll actually look at the clothes they have next time! :p

Love,

Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment