Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Drugstore Haul- Wet N' Wild Nudes

     The last time I stopped in at Rite-Aid I went to apply for a job. They're hiring cashiers and I have that kind of experience so I was excited to be interviewed! Unfortunately they don't hire anyone under eighteen. It seems like I'm not going to be able to find another job until my birthday.. -_-

     Anyways, I gravitated to the Wet N' Wild section (of course!) and picked up a few products. The lip products were buy one get one half off so I got the lip gloss for a buck :)

     Afterwards I went to Target and got the brushes shown below, but I'm going to wait and review them separately so I can give a fair opinion about them.


Here's what I got:
Not included in this post: ELF Eyeshadow "C" brush and Target branded crease brush.



Onto the Eye products! :)

     I picked up the cream eyeshadow on a whim. I figure that this is Wet N' Wild's dupe of NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils and since I don't really have an Ulta close to me I figured I'd just try this one. it's a gorgeous color anyways.

     I've wanted "walking on eggshells" for the longest time (isn't it THREE MAC dupes or something crazy like that?) because the reviews I've heard are awesome. It definitely didn't disappoint in the swatches:



From top to bottom: Shadow pencil, Browbone Color, Crease Color, Eyelid Color.

     How BEAUTIFUL are these colors?! I love them all so much, especially the crease color- it's SUCH a rich shimmery brown that I love using with my new crease brush :) I can see all of these shades being extremely versatile, especially because I've been drawn to nude colors so much lately. These shimmery colors, mixed with some matte shades, can most definitely be used to make eyes really pop.

      The shadow stick is gorgeous, too, and I swatched it next to Makeup Forever's cream shadows (since I had been to Sephora that day). There's honestly no difference in the quality between these two products, in my opinion, which completely makes this stick worth the $1.59 price tag! ;)

Lip Products!

     I'm surprised with how well these work! I was expecting crap because they were so cheap. But WNW isn't going to let me down! The lipstick, in the shade "Bare it All" glides on the lips, and even though it can highlight imperfections it has a beautiful finish and it's extremely pigmented. 

     "Sun Glaze" is just as pigmented, smells like vanilla and stays securely on my lips without being overly sticky. It has a beautiful frosted sheen to it that adds extra volume to whatever look I wear it with. I'm having a love affair with both of these products, honestly.

Megalast Lip Color in "Bare it all", Megaslicks lip gloss in "Sun Glaze"



 From Left to Right: "Sun Glaze" over "Bare it all", "Bare it all" alone, and "Sunglaze" alone

     Wet N' Wild is not only affordable; they are against animal cruelty and don't test any of their products on animals, which is rare to find in many drugstore brands. WNW is definitely a go-to for beautiful makeup on a budget! I can't wait to try out more of their products.

     What are your favorite WNW products, and drugstore brands? Anything specific you'd like me to review? Let me know in the comments down below! :)

Love,

Izzy


No comments:

Post a Comment