Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 2013 Birchbox.





     This month's theme for the box is "Best Year Ever", and the card is basically just Birchbox HQ begging its customers to stay subscribed, because they have "...plenty of ideas for maximizing our individual happiness". Hmm. I've been contemplating switching beauty box services for a while now, to try something new. This box would have been a complete dud for me if it wasn't for the nice eyeliner I got.


My box upon opening- everything was upside down :(

What a neat little box-thing!! Must be something cool inside- SIKE! It's a perfume sample and a tiny sample of a hair serum.


Here's what I got:
  • Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré- 24-Hour Miracle CreamThis is a nice sized sample for a cream. I'll be trying this on my face and hands ASAP; I'm a major sufferer of VERY dry winter skin, and I'm always down to try a new moisturizer. 
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner- This product saved my box for me. I was at first NOT thrilled at all to get this, because I was never a fan of liquid eyeliners, but using this product has completely changed me. It's perfect, and so easy to use. It's full-sized too, which makes me believe I got my money's worth this month :) Separate review for this eyeliner is definitely coming soon!
  • Juicy Couture Viva la JuicyI hate getting perfume samples. I never use any of them because I'm extremely picky about my scents. This just smells to overbearing and "girly" to me; it just reminds me of girls dousing themselves in perfume in my school's locker room and leaves me nauseous. This is the second Juicy Couture perfume sample I've received too, and so far i'm 0-2 with liking their range of products
  • Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Hair Restorative Serum- There probably isn't enough product in that sad tube to even cover my ends. I'll use it one day though, but I'm almost sure it won't help my hair at all.
  • Nuxe Beauty 24 Hour Moisturizing Body Lotion- This was my beauty extra this month. Two moisturizers in one box, and BOTH of them claim moisture for 24 hours?! I'm suspicious... It's a pretty small sample size, especially for a body lotion :/ we'll see if it keeps my skin soft for as long as it claims!
     The longer I receive my Birchboxes, the more I'm thinking about switching over to Glossybox. I'd much rather have larger-sized products every month, even if it costs a little more, just because I feel like I've never had a single month w/ Birchbox where I've been thrilled with everything I've received. Opening this box was kind of a letdown, even though the eyeliner made up for it in the end.




     Do you have Birchbox, or do you plan to subscribe to another similar beauty box? I'd love to know your opinion about these services!

Love,

Izzy

2 comments:

  1. The birchboxes have been getting a little paltry in my opinion... But I will stick with them unless I hear about a better company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have!! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Honestly, I don't pay ten bucks a month to be sent perfume samples worth one cent EACH and miscellaneous crappy food.

      I'm thinking about creating a post that compares a bunch of monthly beauty box companies. Would you be interested in it? c:

      Delete